Monday, December 12, 2011

Hawaiian Keilbasa

Obviously life has been busy since I have neglected my weekly commitment to post a new recipe but here is one I tried tonight and thought it was pretty good. I got this from the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Cookbook and thought I would try it out. I am usually not a Keilbasa kind of girl but this one appealed to me. It was actually really good. Next time I make it I will use less ginger. Sorry I forgot to get a picture of it but it went great with rice and grilled corn on the cob. It is also great served as an appetizer in place of cocktail of weenies.

3 lbs. Kielbasa, sliced into 2-inch chunks

15-1/4 oz. can crushed pineapple

18-oz. bottle barbecue sauce 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed

1 T. ground ginger (I would use less - like maybe 1 tsp)

1 t. onion powder

1 t. garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for about 2 hours, until warmed through, or on high setting for about 30 minutes. Makes 10 to 15 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment