Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chocolate Bread Pudding

Oh my goodness... Heaven in a bowl. I have been dying to make this recipe once I laid eyes on it and it was just as good as I imagined. You must try this ultimate comfort dessert. Whip Cream is a must for a topping and I suggest sprinkling cinnamon on top. I also suggest setting out all your ingredients and equipment ahead of time so you aren't scrambling around the kitchen, because you need to keep your attention on the milk mixture. But it is SO DELICIOUS!! mmmmmmmm..... I got this recipe from the Gooseberry Patch.




2 c. milk
6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. baking cocoa
2 eggs, separated and divided
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Garnish: whipped cream, cinnamon

Heat milk in a large saucepan just until tiny bubbles form; remove from heat. Cube bread and add to milk; stir until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa and egg yolks; stir until well blended. Add butter and vanilla; set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into mixture along with chocolate chunks. Pour into 6 lightly greased custard cups; set cups in a larger pan filled with one inch of hot water. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon; serve warm or cold. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment